Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My First CSA Box!


I have been trying to incorporate more vegetables in our diet and decided to find a local CSA to join.  I have been debating if this is something that I would like/use for a while and finally decided to start out with baby steps. I am signed up with Tanaka Farms for a small box bi-weekly.   I am hoping that this won't be too much and that we won't have a lot of waste.  I think this is just perfect and am excited to try out some new recipes!

This week my box came with a huge head of romaine lettuce, a bunch of radishes, a bunch of carrots, a bunch of swiss chard, 4 pink lady apples and a jar of strawberry jam made from their own strawberries.  I am excited to incorporate these into our menu this week, I am planning on making a yummy salad of some sort, sauteed swiss chard and a radish chutney. 

YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment