Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving this year will be at my Aunt's house, which means that we don't have to do any cooking. It makes me a little sad because my dad make the best turkey and stuffing ever, and I love the atmosphere that cooking Thanksgiving brings. I love the sounds of pots clanging at 6am, the extra stuffing for breakfast, even the argument that is had EVERY year about my dad getting turkey juice all over the counter! I don't even want to talk about the lack of leftovers!

Since we weren't cooking I offered to bring some pre-dinner snacks. There is something to be said for a basic veggie platter. I always include my ranch dip which is just sour cream and HiddenValley Ranch dip mix. Don't knock the easy way until you've had it! :) I did two veggie platters, one with carrots, celery, tomatoes and cucumbers and a second one where I banished the veggies I despise - broccoli and mushrooms. I also created a cheese platter with cheddar, pepper jack, goat cheese, feta and mozzarella. I will round out the appetizers with some crusty bread and my new favorite item - Food Should Taste So Good Multigrain Chips. They are DELICIOUS!

I have a lot to be thankful this year and can't wait until next year when hopefully we have a house big enough to host Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment