- I got this recipe from a Real Simple email that featured quick meals. Not only was this meal quick but really healthy about 450 calories per serving- something that my trainer will appreciate! I didn't have some of the key ingredients, you would think I would learn to make a list BEFORE going to the market! Even though I was missing some key ingredients it was still delicious. I will make this again - I would like to add in some spinach to the beans as the recipe requests as well as maybe do a lemon vinaigrette for the top. Try it the next time you need to get a wonderful dinner on the table within 20 minutes!
Crispy Breaded Shrimp with Cannellini Beans
Adapted from Real Simple
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 19-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed
Preheat over to 400 degrees. Mix together bread crumbs, dried oregano, old bay, parmesan and 3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil. Add shrimp and toss to combine. Place shrimp on baking sheet and add the excess bread crumbs to the top of the shrimp. Bake 10 - 12 minutes.
Meanwhile heat the remaining two Tablespoons of oil and garlic. Saute about 1 minute careful not to burn. Add in beans, 1/4 cup water and salt and pepper. Cook 3 minutes until the beans are cooked thru.
Serve the beans on the plate with the shrimp and extra bread crumbs. Enjoy!