Friday, May 28, 2010

Cheesy Baked Pasta with Spinach and Artichoke


I love Real Simple magazine - they always have great articles, recipes and ideas for making life simpler!  As soon as I saw this recipe in the April issue I knew that we had to try this!  It looked delicious and simple to make on a busy weeknight.

We got mixed reviews in our house - my husband loved it while I thought it was just okay.  I think it needed more seasonings and I wasn't a huge fan of the artichokes.  I think that this is one that I will play with and see what I can turn this into!



Cheesy Baked Pasta with Spinach and Artichoke
April 2010 Issue Real Simple Magazine

8 oz. cooked short pasta - I used ziti
1 14 oz. can artichoke hearts, rinsed and quartered
1 9 oz. package frozen creamed spinach, thawed
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese

Combine pasta, artichoke hearts, spinach, parmesan cheese and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.   Season with salt and pepper.  Transfer to 8 inch square broiler safe baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese.  Broil until browned - 3 minutes.

Enjoy with some crusty bread or my favorite crescent rolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment