Friday, September 17, 2010

Mini Peanut Butter Cup Cookies



  1. I love the peanut butter chocolate combination!  As my hubby noticed I seem to be on a peanut butter chocolate kick, especially when I need to take goodies to a pot luck!  Ever since I got these mini peanut butter cups from Trader Joe's I have been itching to throw them into some peanut butter cookies.  I finally did and I can't believe I waited so long!  I love the extra surprise of peanut butter when you bite into one of the peanut butter cups, I think that these might be my favorite cookies!  

Mini Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Recipe Adapted from Jif 

  1. 3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
  2. 1/2 cup Shortening 
  3. 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
  4. 3 tablespoons milk
  5. 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  6. 1 large egg
  7. 1 3/4 cups Flour
  8. 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  9. 3/4 teaspoon salt

  10. HEAT oven to 375°F. Combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add egg. Beat just until blended.

  11. COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix just until blended. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2-inches apart onto greased baking sheet. Flatten slightly in a crisscross pattern with tines of fork.

BAKE one baking sheet at a time 7 to 8 minutes, or until set and just beginning to brown. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to cooling racks to cool completely

No comments:

Post a Comment