Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcakes


My Aunt made these a couple of weeks ago and my mom was raving about them, so I decided to whip up a batch and I am so glad that I did!  The recipe is super easy and the result was fantastic!  The office claimed that they were the best cupcakes that I had ever made!  The cupcake is your favorite chocolate cake recipe with a surprise center of cheesecakey goodness!  Whip up a batch and enjoy!

Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcakes

Cheesecake filling
8 oz room temperature cream cheese
1 egg
1/3 cup sugar
8 oz. mini chocolate chips

Beat together cream cheese, egg and sugar until well incorporated.  Stir in chocolate chips.

Fill cupcake cups half way with your favorite chocolate cake mix.  Add a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture to the cupcakes.

Bake at 350 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes.  Cool completely on a rack and once fully cooled topped with your favorite frosting, I used a combination of creamcheese frosting and chocolate.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Yum! Those look delish! Thanks so much for joining in the fun on Cupcake Tuesday!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I featured these yummy cupcakes on my blog at Sassy Sites! Come on by and check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you get your cream cheese frosting so nice and thick without it looking like it's going to melt?
    Can you share that recipe too? Please, please, please?? :D

    ReplyDelete