Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Strawberry Vanilla Popsicles


You could tell it was summer this weekend!  I decided to try out some popsicles based on the Firecracker Popsicles that were in the July/August issue of Everyday Food.    I have a big flat of strawberries from Costco and needed to find some ways to use them up before they went bad.  It can be hard with two people!  This was a delicious and refreshing way to use them up!  You can substitute any fruit - next I think I'm going to try blueberry and lemon! YUM!

Strawberry and Vanilla Popsicles
Adapted from Everyday Food

1 cup of strawberries
1 - 2 Tablespoons sugar, depending on how sweet your strawberries are
1 cup vanilla bean yogurt

Puree the strawberries and sugar until smooth.  You can strain the seeds out if you want, I left them in.

Alternately layer the strawberries and yogurt in the popsicle molds.  Take a knife and swirl in the mold.  Freeze 2 -3 hours or until frozen.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment