Friday, February 4, 2011

Chocolate Scotcheroos


I have had this recipe in a special folder on my computer brilliantly called "Recipes to Try", super creative. :)  It seems like this folder keeps growing and growing so when the Baking GALS teams opened up for February I knew where I needed to look for some recipe inspiration.  

I loved Rice Krispie treats as a kid but now when I have one I am always disappointed.  The flavors are just a little too sweet and surprisingly bland for my tastes.  So when I saw this recipe I knew that I had to try it out.  A mixture of peanut butter, chocolate and butterscotch, what could go wrong!    The process was very easy and the resulting treats were delicious!  

I decided to make these in a jellyroll pan so that they were thinner than the normal Rice Krispie treats, I think it makes me feel better about eating them if they are this size!  Thankfully I mailed these over or I think I would have eaten them all!  These were a wonderful inspiration and I think a Nutella Rice Krispie treat is in my very near future!


Chocolate Scotcheroos
Recipe from Kellogg's

1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
6 cups Rice Krispies
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips

Place corn syrup and sugar in saucepan.  Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil.  Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter.  Mix well.  Add Rice Krispies and stir until well coated.  Press mixture into jelly roll pan, covered in foil and greased.

Melt chocolate chips and butterscotch chips in a double boiler.  Spread evenly over cereal mixture and let stand until firm.  Cut into small squares and ENJOY!

2 comments: