Sunday, February 13, 2011

Pioneer Woman Cooks - Marinated Steak


I have been wanting to make a Cafe Rio Creamy Tomatillo Dressing for quite a while.  I finally stopped procrastinating when I saw this recipe for Marinated Flank Steak I know it would make a PERFECT salad!

I added the marinade to a Tri-tip instead of Flank Steak only because it was a sale at my grocery store and it was such a good deal that I could not pass it up!  I would love to make this again for some soft tacos I think it would be delish!  This salad was a home-run!  The combination of the spicy dressing with smokey tri-tip was wonderful.  I added some corn tortilla chips that I baked in the oven and Queso Fresco to make a delicious combination.  I got the smallest tri-tip at the store but still had enough left over for both of us to have salads for lunch the next day and I made some nachos for dinner.  Love it!

Steak Marinade Marinade
Recipe from The Pioneer Woman Cooks

Steak, of your choice
1/3 cup olive oil
Juice from 2 limes
1 can chipotle peppers
4 garlic cloves, peeled
1 handful cilantro, chopped

Place all ingredients in food processor, blend until well incorporated.  Place steak of your choice in a ziploc bag, add marinade.  With bag closed massage marinade into steak.  Refrigerate overnight.  Take steak out of the refrigerator about 30 minutes prior to cooking to allow the steak to come to room temperature.  Cook steak, discard marinade.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment