Tuesday, January 25, 2011

King Arthur Flour Sourdough Starter


I can't believe I forgot to mention my new desire to make bread at home!  I get so disappointed with the quality of bread in the stores that I decided to try to make my own at home.  From reading other blogs it seems to be an straight forward process - I have a Kitchen Aid mixer so the kneading part should be easy, all I need is a little patience and a little instruction!   Growing up close to San Francisco I grew up with the wonderfully tangy sourdough bread from the Boudin store in Fisherman's Wharf.  YUM!
I did a little research on the King Arthur Flour Website I decided to try my hand at Sourdough bread with their Sourdough Starter.

I was so excited to see that it had come in today after a LONG Monday at work!  I started feeding my little starter last night and can't wait to see the results!  With a little help from the hubby (all I had to tell him was that the first sourdough bread was said to start in Egypt and he was all over the web researching!  I guess it helps that the tv is broken!), we should be baking up some bread tonight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment