- 1 1/4 pounds beef flank steak
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons lowfat buttermilk
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley leaves
In a small bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar and garlic. Put the steak into a sealable plastic bag with the marinade and let sit for 30 minutes at room temperature, or 1 hour in the refrigerator.
In the meantime, in a small bowl combine the blue cheese and buttermilk with a fork, mashing until creamy. Stir in the Worcestershire and set aside.
Spray a large grill pan with cooking spray and preheat over medium-high heat.
Remove the meat from the marinade and season both sides with salt and pepper. Discard the marinade. Cook the meat in the grill pan over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes per side for medium rare. Drizzle with blue cheese sauce and top with a sprinkling of parsley.