Thursday, February 11, 2010

Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Sliders with Broccoli Slaw















I was so glad to be back in the kitchen today! Not only have I been baking away for my first Operation Baking Gals mailing, but I fixed a yummy and EASY dinner.

It all started with a trip to Trader Joe's a couple of weeks when I saw the cutest slider buns ever! I knew that I needed to get these buns into my life! Yes - I do like to shop based on cuteness! The rest was kind of a jumble of other recipes that I checked out on the internet and mixed together to result in a deliciously easy dinner.

Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Sliders with Broccoli Slaw

2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 jar of your favorite bar-b-que sauce (I used TJ's bbq sauce, which is DELICIOUS!)
2 small onions sliced into rings
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1 small bag of broccoli slaw (this is from TJ's but you could make your own by shredding the broccoli stalks)
1/2 cup white vinegar
6 Tablespoons sugar
6 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
salt and pepper to taste

Please the chicken breasts, onions, balsamic vinegar and half of the bottle of bar-b-que sauce. Cook on low for one hour, shred with two forks. Stir and cook for three hours. Before serving add the remainder of the bar-b-que sauce and leave in the slow cooker for 5 minutes until the rest of the sauce warms.

While the chicken is cooking, mix the vinegar, sugar, oil, dry mustard in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Remove from heat and let cool. Before serving add broccoli slaw and mix.

Serve chicken and slaw on the adorable slider buns and ENJOY!

This had my hubby thanking me for in his own words "Being the best wife ever in the kitchen!"

No comments:

Post a Comment