Friday, March 18, 2011

Oatmeal Spice Cookies


I have had a box of Spice cake mix in my cupboard for a couple of months waiting for some inspiration. When I saw these cookies on the Confessions of a Cookbook Queen earlier this week, I knew that I needed to try them out.  These cookies are SO unbelievably delicious that I have made these twice this week!  The first batch was for a boat ride that we took with our dear friends and their son - I gave them half of what was left over and my hubby ate the other half.  I do admit to eating one for breakfast...... The second batch was for the office and across the board everyone LOVED them!!! They are so easy to make, the only change I made was to add white chocolate chips and I didn't have any cream cheese frosting so I left that part out.  

These cookies have a wonderful warm spicy taste - the addition of cinnamon chips, which I love to add into my oatmeal cookies, give it a great cinnamon flavor.  The oats are enough to give it some texture and the addition of the white chocolate gave it a nice sweetness.  I am so glad that I found this recipe! 

Oatmeal Spice Cookies

1 box spice cake mix
1 stick softened butter
2 eggs
1 cup cinnamon chips
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/4 cup sugar mixed with 1 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix together cake mix, butter and eggs until smooth.  Add in both chips and oats, scrapping down the sides.  

Roll dough into 1 inch balls and roll these into the sugar/cinnamon mixture.  Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheets about 1 inch apart.  Bake for 9 - 10 minutes.  Cool for 2 minutes on the sheet and place on cooling rack.  

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment