Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Ben & Jerry's Pumpkin Ice Cream


They say that ice cream sales go up in the winter, not sure they are but that's what my mother in law told me the other when we sitting outside of Golden Spoon bundled up in our coats! This isn't exactly the case in our house where my husband hasn't met a quart of Ben and Jerry's that he hasn't liked - and devoured in one sitting! Pumpkin is one of my favorite flavors year round so when I saw this recipe for Pumpkin Ice Cream I knew that I would be making it soon.

Ben & Jerry's Pumpkin Ice Cream
Makes 1 Quart

2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup milk
1 cup pureed pumpkin
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
(I added about a 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon because I always feel like you can't have enough!)

Whisk the eggs until light and fluffy, about two minutes. Gradually whisk in the sugar until completely blended. Add in cream and milk and whisk.

Put about 1/2 of the milk mixture into a bowl and whisk in the pumpkin and spices. Add back to the pumpkin and mix until combined. Transfer to ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. This filled up my ice cream maker almost to overflowing which meant I needed to run it a little longer.

I also added some mini chocolate chips to half of the ice cream just to try it out and loved it!

I made this today and it totally made me forget the 2 1/2 hours at the Dentist!


No comments:

Post a Comment