Thursday, December 3, 2009

Roasted Tomato and Shrimp Orzo

I love just throwing some ingredients together into a pasta for a quick meal. I made these delicious oven roasted tomatoes last night and had to get them into some pasta. I don't even like tomatoes, my dad used to try and pay me to eat them, maybe he just needed to roast them first, because I was eating these right out of the pan.

Roasted Tomato and Shrimp Orzo

1 cup cooked orzo pasta, cooked in salty water
1/2 cup asparagus, chopped in 1 inch pieces
3/4 pound peeled shrimp, with tail removed
1 minced clove of garlic
1/2 cup oven roasted tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped kalamata olives
Juice of one lemon
Crumbled Feta Cheese

Heat olive oil in pan, I used a couple of turns around the pan. Add asparagus and cook 4 minutes, season with pepper. Add shrimp and cook about 3 minutes before you stir the pan. Add the garlic, tomatoes and olives, cook 3-4 minutes longer. Add lemon juice and orzo pasta, stir to coat everything with the lemon juice, you can add some pasta water if it seems too dry. Season with pepper, the olives are salty so you don't need to add any more salt. Place pasta on the plate and top with crumbled feta cheese.

Serve immediately with some bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment