Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Oven Roasted Tomatoes


So tonight was a leftover night - just a big yummy salad with leftover soyaki chicken, goat cheese, baby lettuce, tomatoes for the hubby and raspberry vinaigrette. I only had about a cup of cute little grape tomatoes left from the Thanksgiving platter so I decided to make some oven roasted tomatoes. I've never made them before but have seen them on the Food Network, after some internet searching I realized that there didn't seem to be one specific way to do them, so I just decided to improvise. I cut the tomatoes in half drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper, and two cloves of garlic. I roasted them at 225 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.

Once I took them out I stored them in the fridge with a little olive oil. I will be using it them tomorrow for an orzo, shrimp and asparagus pasta. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment