Thursday, March 25, 2010

Chicken Piccata


Sometime recipes just don't work out the way that you had intended, that's what happened the other night when I decided to try the Chicken Piccata recipe featured on Pioneer Woman Cooks.  I have tried several of her recipes with success - you must try her onion blue cheese sauce, I could eat it on ANYTHING!

The resulting dish from the Chicken Piccata recipe was really good, but for some reason my sauce didn't thicken.  I still poured it over my deliciously crispy chicken and loved it.  I would try it again - hopefully it will thicken up next time!

Chicken Piccata
Adapted from Pioneer Woman Cooks

2 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 cup white wine
3/4 cup chicken broth
2 whole lemons
3/4 cup cream
Handful of grape tomatoes, halved

Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper and dredge in flour.  Heat butter and oil in a large saucepan.  Fry each breast - careful not to burn the butter.  Remove to a plate.

Add in wine, chicken broth and juice of lemons.  Scrape bottom of pan.  Allow sauce to cook and reduce by half.  Add tomatoes.

Reduce heat and add cream.  Whisk until sauce has thickened.  (I cooked mine for a while but it didn't thicken at all, must try again!)

I used baby bow tie pastas and added them to the sauce right at the end.  Spoon pasta onto plate, top with chicken and pour sauce over the entire plate.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment